Successful career transitions benefit employers and employees alike.
Seamless career transitions can positively impact an organizations brand and help prevent any disruption in momentum, moral and reputation, while saving time and money.
Employees in transition remember the professionalism, passion, and respect Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette consultants provide. Recent surveys indicated 96% of our transition clients were pleased with the quality of service they received.
What differentiates us from our competitors?
- Unlimited time commitment. We are committed to supporting our clients throughout the entire transition process until they have transitioned into the ideal opportunity.
- Priority consideration for job opportunities. Our recruitment practice is the largest in Atlantic Canada, placing hundreds of professionals each year, and we ensure that career transition clients are considered for relevant opportunities.
- Personalized, customized service for every level. We adapt our resources to match needs and budgets, while maintaining our commitment to create customized, innovative, results oriented solutions.
- Proven expertise, established through over 35 years of providing career transition support for individual employment terminations as well as large-scale downsizing.
- Exemplary transition team. Our team of senior consultants and certified coaches are prepared for any challenge as a result of rigorous standards and extensive hands on experience.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities. The size and scope of our network is unrivaled in Atlantic Canada. Through partnering with our team, clients gain access to thousands of current and former clients, colleagues and friends – all nurtured over 35 years.
- Best-in-class career and leadership coaching, as part of one of the world’s Top 30 Global Leadership Development Consulting Firms (Leadership Excellence’s 2013 Leadership 500 Ranking)
- Worldwide service through our membership with the Career Star Group, an international alliance of the worlds' leading Career Transition and Outplacement providers.
The result: We help people choose their best roles faster. As a result, employers benefit from the improved morale among employees who leave and those who stay, as well as reduced severance costs.
Downsizing and transition support for organizations
In group downsizing situations, good transition planning and process begins well in advance of the announcement. We work closely with senior management to plan major restructuring initiatives. Our diverse experience stretches to companies of all sizes in public and private sectors.
- Consulting – We begin before restructuring takes place by partnering to define your strategy and goals, your structure, your performance challenges and then developing a plan to address your concerns.
- Project planning – We work with you to create the project plan, transition programs and any communications you need.
- Manager training – We coach managers on how to deliver a message that leaves dignity intact.
- On-site support – We meet with departing employees immediately after the termination meeting to talk about next steps. Our team is skilled in providing an objective voice and an empathetic ear at a time that is often emotional and distressing for those involved.
- Transition solutions – services offered to support your objectives:
- Change management for remaining employees
- Organizational restructuring and revitalization consulting
- Key talent retention programs
- Large downsizing career centre services
- Design, set-up, logistics planning, staffing support
- Workshops and individual on-site coaching
- Career development and networking support
- Administrative services
- Programs for groups and individuals created from a suite of services:
- Individual coaching complimented by workshops, webinars, e-learning
- Team building programs following restructuring
- “Leading through Change” workshops to help supervisors and managers maintain productivity
- Assessment of competencies, skills and interests
- Resume development
- Career plan development
- Career search skills
- Opportunity sourcing
- Marketing, networking and researching support
- Financial counseling
- Entrepreneurship counseling
- Private office facilities
- Retirement planning
Transition options tailored to individual needs.
We offer a variety of programs to enable individuals to assess their skills and strengths and identify development opportunities.
- Executive – We are a part of Canada’s largest Executive transition provider with over 1000 executives transitioned across the country annually. We provide a variety of programs designed to cater to the needs of Executives.
- Professional – Our programs are available in varying levels to meet the needs of a variety of roles, including management, technical and administrative positions, among others.
- Self Directed – We support clients in navigating their next career move through Lee Hecht Harrison's Career Resource Network (CRN), a revolutionary cloud-based career development tool and career transition platform that brings unparalleled agility and focus to the job search process. This budget friendly solution is ideal for employees who are ready to take an active role in their career plan and will benefit from a structured job search approach.
- Retirement – We offer proprietary programs uniquely designed to offer senior leaders and their organizations a way to preserve business momentum as well as plan for succession. Program components include coaching and counselling regarding financial, lifestyle and career considerations.