Regional Director, Children’s and Women’s Health Program
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 12,500 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
Reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Service, the Regional Director, Children’s and Women’s Health Program, leads the Children’s & Women’s Health Program within a large complex and diverse regional health care organization which delivers services across the full continuum of health care at multiple sites. The Program has over 800 full-time staff or equivalent and a budget of approximately $85 million. As part of the Eastern Health’s Senior Management Team, the position is accountable for providing leadership, vision, and direction to the Children’s & Women’s Health Program while working with a great deal of independence and autonomy. The Regional Director works in a co-leadership model with the Clinical Chiefs of the Women’s Health and Children’s Health programs and has primary accountability for all administrative and operational aspects of the program, which is inclusive of the quality of patient care and services offered as well as effective and efficient use of resources.
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced healthcare leader with progressive management and clinical experience. You are a skilled project manager and people leader who is familiar with working in large and complex environments. You bring a deep understanding of community-based programs and services. You are a proven change manager, who skillfully plans and evaluates services and programs across complex, multi-site organizations, with a diverse group of stakeholders. You are a problem-solver who has led large-scale, complex projects, who has built and led high-performing teams, and who develops relationships and fosters buy-in with key partners who support your organization’s vision and mission.
You possess a dynamic leadership style focused on:
• Leading yourself through self-awareness, managing your performance and health, developing yourself, and demonstrating character that is in line with Eastern Health’s values of respect, integrity, fairness, organizational connectedness and excellence;
• Engaging others through fostering development of others, contributing to the creation of a healthy organization, communicating effectively, and building effective teams;
• Achieving results by setting direction, strategically aligning decisions with vision, values, and evidence, taking action to implement decisions, and assessing and evaluating outcomes;
• Developing coalitions through purposefully building partnerships and networks to create results, demonstrating a commitment to customers and service, mobilizing knowledge, and navigating socio-political environments;
• Transforming systems by thinking analytically and critically and questioning and challenging the status quo, encouraging and supporting innovation, orienting yourself strategically to the future, and championing and orchestrating change.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please contact Robert Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beverley Evans at email@example.com or 1-866-822-6022, or please apply online by clicking on the "Apply Now" button below.