NSCECE Board of Directors
At the Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education (NSCECE), passionate and dedicated students, faculty, and staff work to advance the field of early childhood education. Established as the first Atlantic Canadian training program in early childhood education, the NSCECE is a leader in the early years community. With a downtown campus and three child care centre lab schools, the NSCECE practices what we teach, creating a nurturing environment where learners reach their full potential.
Now, the NSCECE is looking for community-minded individuals to join our vibrant organization by contributing your time and professional expertise as an Independent Director on the NSCECE Board of Directors.
Responsible for the governance of the organization, NSCECE’s Board of Directors are appointed for three-year terms and are collectively accountable to the members, community, funders and other stakeholders of the NSCECE. The Board is tasked with the strategic oversight and effective financial stewardship of the organization and is accountable for NSCECE’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives.
NSCECE is currently seeking to recruit Board Members with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Finance & Accounting
• Government Relations
• Adult Education
In addition to being recognized in their own fields and expertise, ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• An understanding of Board Governance practices;
• Experience / understanding of the not for profit sector;
• Commitment to support the NSCECE’s mandate, vision and values;
• Commitment to invest time on a monthly basis to participate in scheduled board meetings and read all reports and materials in preparation for the meetings;
• Commitment to participate in at least one Board sub-committee; and
• Contribute to the overall strategic preparedness of the NSCECE by engaging in strategic planning sessions.
If you are passionate about education, early childhood development and the opportunity to put your professional expertise toward the governance of the NSCECE during an exciting time of sectoral change and renewal as an Independent Director of the Board, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Board@nscece.ca.